It’s not always easy knowing where to start or what to say.
How can I manage my stress better?
It is possible to feel stress physically and emotionally. The positive thing is if you’re reading this you are aware of it. When we tune in and become aware of our health, we’re more likely to do something positive to improve it.
Stress is the symptom of internal or external factors that our bodies perceive as a threat. This could be any number of things such as caring for a close family member, workload, or a personal health condition.
How we manage stress depends on the resources we have available to support us and our body’s ability to deal with stress.
Things you can do
- Focus on the things you can control. Understanding that you are unable to determine the outcome of everything, it can be empowering to just concentrate on the things that you can influence.
- Create space away from the stress or stressor. When we’re stressed things can feel overwhelming, by taking a step back it is possible to look at it from a different perspective.
- Be kind to yourself, taking time out to do something you enjoy can be great for recharging your batteries.
- Our sleep needs change at different times of life, but there is nothing better than waking up feeling completely recharged and rested after a good night’s sleep.
- Drinking water is crucial to health and wellbeing. Prolonged dehydration can lead to problems with thinking and reasoning so make sure you are drinking plenty to achieve mental clarity.
- BREATHE! Ensuring that body is well oxygenated is is vital to better equip you to deal with the daily stresses that we face, as every cell of the body needs oxygen to function properly.