It’s not always easy knowing where to start or what to say.
How can I begin to improve my fitness?
Being fit and healthy can mean many different things to different people – but if you are looking to make a positive improvement to your current fitness levels there are a number of things you can start adding to your daily routine.
Things you can do
- Regularly sleep 7 to 9 hours per night, absolute minimum of 6 hours.
- Lift weights with good form 2 to 4 times each week. Alternatively do bodyweight resistance exercises like dips (on your sofa), push-ups, lunges, squats and stair calf raises.
- Stay hydrated, drink 2 plus litres of water each and every day.
- Walk 4,000 to 12,000 steps per day (the higher the better).
- Get fresh air and get outside each and every day. If you’ve know reason to - make a reason.
- Consume 20 to 45 grams of protein in meals or snacks 3 to 5 times each day.